Noise control has become a major concern for a wide range of building applications. Prometal has the capability to provide our customers with sound retardant doors for use in sound sensitive environments such as airports, hospitals, government buildings, auditoriums, condominiums, hotels, and educational institutions.
With STC ratings from 28 through 50, we have the sound solution that you need for every project.
A complete range of single and double door sets are available to suit performance requirements up to STC 50 dB and 120 min fire integrity. Ideal applications include cinemas, studios, mechanical rooms, generator rooms and other sound polluted rooms.
All details shown are typical only and our Technical Support Group will be pleased to recommend an individual design application.
- Full range of sizes
- Single or double-leaf version
- Glazing or fire protection
- Noise insulation properties STC up to 50 dB
- Door frames are made of steel galvanised sheet and stainless steel
- Hollow metal steel doors are powder-coated in any colour from the RAL palette – in order to protect steel elements against the corrosion
- Hollow metal stainless steel doors are also available in brushed finish and mirror finish
- Fire Rated 30/60/90/120 minutes (BS and UL)
- Acoustic rating 28/35/37/38/40/45/47/49/50 (ASTM E90)
- Water Tightness (BS 6375-1: Part 1)
- Air Permeability (BS 5368: Part 1)
The production of steel acoustic doors are based on unique technology, which involves procedure of using special core along with acoustic seals to achieve desired STC rating. This solution guarantees high resistance to sound transmission and acts like a sound barrier.
The doors are made of galvanized steel sheets or stainless steel sheets grade 304 (also available SS grade 316 on special customer request).
- Pre-coated steel sheets RAL 7035, 5010, 9002, 9006, 9007, 9010, 9016
- Powder-coated to any RAL colour from standard RAL colour chart
- Stainless steel finish (mirror or brush finish)
- Epoxy powder primed finish
- Decoral painting system (wooden finish)
- Wet paint (spray paint)
Doors leaves are wrapped with foil in order to protect during the transport and the assembly.
- Single or double leaf
- With fire resistance up to 120 mins
- Flush, with vision panel or louver
- Oversize with maximum height 3 meter and width 2.2 meter (double leaf)
As additional and optional accessories we offer:
- Various types of ironmongery solutions from ASSA ABLOY
- Self-closing devices: door closers and door coordinators
- Access control and automatic operators connected with BMS
- Fire rated and non-fire rated louvers
- Thresholds and various types of seals
- Drip caps for external doors